Who is responsible for the processing of your data?
The following websites and applications belong to Fjordsen B.V.:
What are cookies?
Cookies are small, simple text files that your computer or mobile device stores when you visit one of our websites. Fjordsen also uses social media pixels, which in functionality can be considered as a cookie.
What are the other technologies?
Cookies and other technologies are used by virtually all existing websites. By utilizing cookies we ensure, for instance, that:
- The use of Fjordsen websites is easier and more enjoyable;
- When you visit our websites, you don’t repeatedly receive or have to fill in the same information;
- We can offer special functionalities such as your shopping cart;
- We can measure how our websites are used and where we can make improvements;
- We can display advertisements that we think you will be interested in;
- We can register how often an advertisement is displayed in order to better align the advertisements with your requirements and interests and to prevent you from seeing a certain advertisement too often.
Cookies of third parties
Which cookies do we use?
Below you can read about the cookies that are used by and via our website and the purposes for which we use these cookies.
Functional or essential cookies:
Functional cookies ensure that our websites can function correctly. Consider, for example, the functionalities of the shopping cart and online payment.
These cookies help Fjordsen B.V. website to function properly. For example:
- The products that you add to your shopping cart are ‘remembered’ and saved.
- Your browser settings are saved, so that you can browse our website optimally on your screen.
- The option to save your login data so that you don’t have to enter it again each time.
- An even load on the website, enabling it to remain functional and accessible;
- The detection of potential misuse or problems on our websites, for example by registering successive failed login attempts.
With analytical cookies, we collect statistics about the users of our websites. By measuring website use, we can keep on improving our websites for the benefit of our users. We use these cookies for, for example, monitoring the number of visitors to our website, measuring the duration of each visit, and determining the order in which a visitor visits the different pages of our website.
We use analytical cookies to investigate the use of our website. These statistics give us insight, among others, into how often we are visited and where we can improve our website. With this, we can ensure that the experience of our website is continually optimized. The following information is saved (among others):
- The IP address;
- Technical characteristics such as the browser and the device that you are using;
- The page via which you arrived at our website;
- When and how long your visit or use the website;
- Whether you utilize the functionalities of the website. For instance, whether you use the chat function, place an order or view previous purchases.
- Which pages you visit on our website.
Social media cookies of third parties:
Social media cookies are cookies that enable the functionalities of social media websites to work. When you click on a social media button on our website, a social media cookie is installed. The social media company can recognize your IP address at the moment you want to share a page of our website.
Social media cookies are installed by the social media websites themselves. With these cookies these social networks can register your surfing behavior. Which cookies these social networks place and how long the cookies are stored depends on the social network you use. Fjordsen has no influence on this. For information about the cookies that the social media company installs and the data that they collect via the cookies, we refer you to the cookie and privacy statements that the social media companies have on their own websites. We currently utilize the following social media cookies.
We recommend that you check their privacy and cookie statements on a regular basis.
With advertisement cookies, we monitor how many and which Fjordsen advertisements you have seen. We do this so that we can display the most relevant possible advertisements and can offer you targeted promotions. This concerns advertisements on our own websites and on external websites.
We also combine your online surf, search and purchase behaviour. We do this so that we can offer you targeted promotions and display advertisements aligned with your characteristics.
You may see our advertisements on the websites of third parties. To keep these promotions and advertisements relevant, we utilize cookies. Advertisement cookies enable us to:
- Monitor which advertisements you have already seen;
- Prevent you from repeatedly seeing the same advertisements;
- Monitor whether you click on the advertisements;
- Combine your online surf, search and purchase behaviour, regardless of the device you are using;
- By combining this behaviour, we can identify your advertisement interest and align the advertisements that we display on the websites of third parties accordingly.
Website recommendations, preferences, and interest cookies
If you do not want websites to be able to install cookies on your computer, you can adjust your browser settings accordingly. You will then receive a warning before cookies are installed. You can also adjust the settings so that your browser rejects all cookies or only the cookies of third parties. You can delete cookies that have already been installed. Be aware that you must adjust the settings separately for every browser and computer that you use.
The method of adjusting the browser settings or deleting cookies differs per browser. Please consult the help function of your browser.
If you wish to disable the cookies of specific parties, this can be done via www.youronlinechoices.com.
– Version 25 March 2021 –